How to Choose the Right Estate Sale Company
When you are ready to hire an estate sale company, there are some important factors to consider in order to choose the right one.
First, you need to consider the size and scope of the estate sale. If you have a large estate with a lot of valuable items, you will need to find a company that is experienced in handling these types of sales.
Second, you need to consider the location of the estate sale. If the sale is taking place in a rural area, you will need to find a company that is familiar with the area and has experience running sales in that type of location. some locations require permits from the city and a company that is familiar with that area will be able to let you know what is required to run your sale.
Third, you need to consider the type of items that will be included in the sale. If you have rare or valuable items, antiques, jewelry, luxury clothing or furnishings etc. It is important that you work with a company that can identify, price, and retain buyers for those items to maximize the results.
Finally, you need to consider the value of the estate sale company you hire. The main selling point of any estate sale company is that they are going to handle everything from start to finish and make it an easy process for you. We handle the entire process of the estate sale from start to finish including clean-out and donating items in the end. Make sure the entire scope of work is included with your quote when you have your initial appointment with the estate sales company.
Here are 10 Questions to ask when you meet with an estate sale company:
- What are your company’s set-up and Estate Sales fees? Are there any trash removal costs?
- What are your lead time requirements, do you have room on your schedule?
- How many Estate Sales a month does your company conduct?
- Do you buy items from the estate? If so, how do you evaluate the items they purchase?
- Do you presell to anyone?
- How do you advertise my Estate Sales?
- How long will the whole Estate Sales process take from start to finish?
- How did they get into the estate liquidation business?
- Do you have a contract?
- Can you provide references from satisfied clients?
Ask them this question: Are there any questions I have left unasked?
By considering these factors, you will be able to find the right estate sale company for your needs.