The Curriculum and Content Writer position at Aaron’s Estate Sales is a role in our Sales and Marketing Division in the Creative Department.
This position will work as part of our creative team to design and build our brand, create content for multiple digital platforms, as well as in-house training through high-quality videography and photography.
Responsibilities are to write, create, and develop training curriculum content. Edit new and existing content for grammar, punctuation, clarity of brand, and overall presentation. You will use your expertise and creativity to produce content and curriculum deliverables and meet all deadlines. Examples of the types of projects would include; workbooks, slide presentations, eBooks, PDFs, pamphlets, study materials, notes, and exercises all pulled from the business owners’ knowledge on the subject.
- Excellent written skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to edit/develop educational and content training curriculum.
- Effective collaboration/communication with team members.
- High level of organization and flexibility with shifting deadlines and deliverables.
- Seeks feedback to improve existing or future training content.
- 3+ years’ of content and publishing software experience: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Google Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Curriculum Development, or related degree or equivalent body of experience.
- Project Management skills and software use.
- 3+ years’ experience using Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat
- 3+ years’ experience creating web-based instructional and supplemental materials.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, image editing
- Software, HTML editor ability to apply principles of Universal Design for learning and comply with the requirements of the ADA.
- 3+ years of experience in curriculum editing/development
- Photoshop and Illustrator software a plus
- Experience with Mac operating systems
- 5 years + experience in professional video editing
- Advanced level of knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite is mandatory, particularly Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Color grading knowledge is a plus
- Animation and Motion Graphics experience is extremely helpful
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply clients with top-notch finalized products.
- Knowledge of audio postproduction
- Capable of working well with internal and external teams/partners
- Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to effectively solve problems, think creatively, make decisions and take action, exercising independent judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication, able to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific and varied audiences
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- Team player
This is a full-time, in office and on location Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with additional hours/times as needed in Ferndale MI
Why Aaron’s Estate Sales?
Aaron’s Estate Sales is the Largest privately owned estate sale company in the United States. We have grown our company because of the outstanding service and commitment we have to our clients. We are looking for hard working individuals that thrive on creating a positive environment and building a business.
Aaron’s Estate Sales is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.