The Auction Cataloging Associate position at Aaron’s Estate Sales is a role in our associated company called Block Auction House. This can be a full-time or part-time position.
We are looking for a knowledgeable individual that can identify items ranging from high-end furniture, objects, and clothing to antiques, artwork, and jewelry. In this position, you will be prepping items for auction researching and writing descriptions for the items into spreadsheets, and uploading / managing online auction listings.
There would be additional responsibilities withing the auction house as needed. We will train the correct person.
- Intake items from clients, catalog them to keep proper accounting of items brought in
- Research and full descriptions of items along with pricing estimates
- Handling of valuable/fragile items
- Keeping spreadsheets and files organized
- Creating spreadsheets and using the internet to do extensive research
- Manage the auction platform
- Answer condition and size / weight questions during auctions
- Be of assistance to that auction house in any way possible including sending emails, talking with clients, managing customers after auctions etc.
- Extensive experience identifying items of value including brand names, furniture types, artwork, antiques, mid-century, clothing, jewelry and more
- Decisive – able to make quick identification and value decisions.
- Expertise – huge mental library of knowledge for identification and value
- Microsoft suit, expertise in excel, word, outlook etc.
- Computer Savy
- Positive energy
- Team Player
- Ability to share and teach your knowledge to other team members
This is a full-time or part-time position in the office Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with occasional field work in clients’ homes.
Why Aaron’s Estate Sales?
Aaron’s Estate Sales is the Largest privately owned estate sale company in the United States. We have grown our company because of the outstanding service and commitment we have to our clients. We are looking for hard working individuals that thrive on creating a positive environment and building a business.
Aaron’s Estate Sales is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.